You are here
White Night (Dresden Files #9) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Dresden Files series.
- #1: Storm Front (Dresden Files #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Grave Peril (Dresden Files #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Summer Knight (Dresden Files #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Death Masks (Dresden Files #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Blood Rites (Dresden Files #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Dead Beat (Dresden Files #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Proven Guilty (Dresden Files #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Small Favor (Dresden Files #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Turn Coat (Dresden Files #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Changes (Dresden Files #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: Ghost Story (Dresden Files #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Cold Days (Dresden Files #14) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Skin Game (Dresden Files #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Peace Talks (Dresden Files #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Battle Ground (Dresden Files #17) (Paperback): $9.99
Wizard Harry Dresden must investigate his own flesh and blood when a series of killings strike Chicago’s magic practitioners in this novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series.
Someone is targeting the members of the city’s supernatural underclass—those who don’t possess enough power to become full-fledged wizards. Some have vanished. Others appear to be victims of suicide. But now the culprit has left a calling card at one of the crime scenes—a message for Harry Dresden.
Harry sets out to find the apparent serial killer, but his investigation turns up evidence pointing to the one suspect he cannot possibly believe guilty: his half-brother, Thomas. To clear his brother’s name, Harry rushes into a supernatural power struggle that renders him outnumbered, outclassed, and dangerously susceptible to temptation.
And Harry knows that if he screws this one up, people will die—and one of them will be his brother...
About the Author
A martial arts enthusiast whose résumé includes a long list of skills rendered obsolete at least two hundred years ago, #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher turned to writing as a career because anything else probably would have driven him insane. He lives mostly inside his own head so that he can write down the conversation of his imaginary friends, but his head can generally be found in Independence, Missouri. Jim is the author of the Dresden Files, the Codex Alera novels, and the Cinder Spires series, which began with The Aeronaut’s Windlass.
Praise for the Dresden Files
“Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe.”—Entertainment Weekly
“Fans of Laurell K. Hamilton and Tanya Huff will love this series.”—Midwest Book Review
“Superlative.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“One of the most enjoyable marriages of the fantasy and mystery genres on the shelves.”—Cinescape
“Butcher...spins an excellent noirish detective yarn in a well-crafted, supernaturally-charged setting. The supporting cast is again fantastic, and Harry’s wit continues to fly in the face of a peril-fraught plot.”—Booklist (starred review)
“What’s not to like about this series?...It takes the best elements of urban fantasy, mixes it with some good old-fashioned noir mystery, tosses in a dash of romance and a lot of high-octane action, shakes, stirs, and serves.”—SF Site
“A tricky plot complete with against-the-clock pacing, firefights, explosions, and plenty of magic. Longtime series fans as well as newcomers drawn by the SciFi Channel’s TV series based on the novels should find this supernatural mystery a real winner.”—Library Journal
“What would you get if you crossed Spenser with Merlin? Probably you would come up with someone very like Harry Dresden, wizard, tough guy and star of [the Dresden Files].”—The Washington Times